School Board

Superintendent: David Morris
Board of Education
Adrianne Olguin, President
Terry Erwin, Vice-President
Janiece Goldsmith, Clerk
Gus Adkins, member
Greg Cottrell, member

SCHEDULE OF REGULAR MEETINGS
FOR THE 2017 CALENDAR YEAR
PAOLI BOARD OF EDUCATION

Month Day Date Time Place
January Tuesday 3rd 7:00pm Office of the superintendent
February Monday 6th 7:00pm Office of the Superintendent
March Monday 6th 7:00pm Office of the Superentindent
April Monday 3rd 7:00pm Office of the Superintendent
May Monday 8th 7:00pm Office of the Superintendent
June Monday 5th 7:00pm Office of the Superintendent
July Monday   7:00pm Office of the Superintendent
August Monday 7th 7:00pm Office of the Superintendent
September Monday 4th 7:00pm Office of the Superintendent
October Monday 2nd 7:00pm Office of the Superintendent
November Monday 6th 7:00pm Office of the Superintendent
December Monday 4th 7:00pm Office of the Superintendent

 

 

 

Regular Board Meeting

Paoli Board of Education

Tuesday, November 7th, 2017

Office of the Superintendent

410 West Stewart

Paoli, OK. 73074

Time:  6:00pm

 

AGENDA

 

Note:  The Board may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table or decide not to discuss any item on this agenda.

 

I.                    Call meeting to order and record members present and absent.

 

II.                  Discussion, recommendation and vote on the approval or non-approval of the October 2nd, 2017, board meeting minutes.  If approved, the board president and the board minutes clerk will sign the minutes.

 

III.                A representative from Angel, Johnston and Blasingame, PC, Inc., will be present to present the school audit for the 2016-2017 school year.

 

IV.                Legal and Financial reports.

 

1.      Discussion, recommendation and vote on the approval of encumbrances and warrants in the general, building, child nutrition, cafeteria plan, building, and bond funds.  If approved, board members will sign the warrant registers.

 

2.      Discuss bank reconcilement and statement for October 2017, if available.

 

3.      Discussion, recommendation and vote on the approval of the October 2017 Activity Sub Account Report.

 

V.                  Discussion, recommendation and vote on the approval or non-approval of setting meeting dates, times and places for regular board meetings for the 2017 school year.

VI.                Discussion, recommendation and vote on the approval or non-approval of a request to close split precincts with 100 or fewer voters.

VII.              Discussion, recommendation and vote on the approval or non-approval of the following Resolution:  Be it resolved to call for the annual school election to be held on Tuesday, February 13th, 2018.  If there is a board race, the items being voted on are:

I.                    Board member office No. 2, for a five year term.

II.                  A second election shall be held on Tuesday, April 3rd, 2018, if no candidate in the election receives more than fifty percent (50%) of the votes cast.  The board president and board clerk will sign Forms SBE 10 and 11 for publication in the newspaper.  Forms must be notarized.

VIII.            Discussion, recommendation and vote on the approval or non-approval of modifying the current head lice policy to require students found to have head lice and/or nits to be cleared by a Doctor or Health Department before returning to school (A note from the Doctor or Health Department must be presented to the school upon returning to school).

IX.                Discussion, recommendation and vote on the approval or non-approval of Student Counsel operating concessions at the elementary basketball games.  A quarter (25%) of the profits will go to Athletics, The remaining three quarters (75%) will be split between STUCO and the High School activity accounts ((37.5% each) STUCO and HS Students will be working together).

X.                  Discussion, recommendation and vote on the approval or non-approval of Section 125/Flex/HRA Services provided by American Fidelity.

XI.                Superintendent and principal reports.

 

1.      Principal’s report

2.      Maintenance

3.      Transportation

4.      Discuss monthly calendar

5.      Superintendent’s report

6.      Cafeteria

7.      New Business.

8.      Act on adjournment.

 

This agenda was posted on the front door of the high school building on Friday, November 3rd, 2018, at 3:00pm.